BSI Group is the world’s first Standards Body and founding member of ISO. Since 1901, BSI has been helping organisations across the globe improve and capture best practice.
Tenant CS was engaged in the height of Covid-19 to help BSI navigate their unique property requirements.
The business was faced with an uncooperative landlord, fast approaching lease expiry, full makegood and uncertain market conditions.
Tenant CS worked to:
- Establish space requirements, project milestones, and timing objectives
- Canvass the market to identify suitable relocation options within North Shore
- Enter lease negotiations with the owners of shortlisted properties and BSI’s current landlord
- Provide ongoing financial analysis regarding the progression of offers
- Secure preferred relocation options with very best commercial terms
- Pull together a strong business case for relocation for Head Office’s approval
- Coordinate final lease documentation, makegood and fitout modifications (where required).
In the space of a few weeks, Tenant CS was able to identify and secure a preferred premium fitted space, negotiating commercial terms that were better than the market. BSI reaped significant financial savings compared to renewal and was given the opportunity to relocate to a better building with a more efficient floorplan. Tenant CS also successfully mitigated the risks associated with a full makegood and approaching lease expiry by managing the entire process from start to finish.